Monday 20 February 2012

Recent Charity Shop Finds

I absolutely love going into a shop & finding something so perfect that you'd never expect to find. Well, last week I was luscy enough to find two amazingly perfect items. I mentioned on Twitter I went shopping with my gorgeous girl Lorna last week & this is what we found.

Firstly, this gorgeous painting:


& secondly this beautiful hand-made house. I'm not sure what it was designed for as the roof opens up - but I think I'm going to use it as storage for some of my rings. It has a wind up turner on the bottom - so when its wound up, it plays music & the little wheel on the side turns. So adorable.





The little painting only cost me 99p & the house was £1.99. Can't believe how you can find such treasures in charity shops. Have you ever found anything like these before?

7 comments:

  1. Aw what cute little nick knacks you've found! I bought a pretty cool dress in a charity shop on saturday which I wore out that night, quite pleased with myself :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gran use to have a musical house like yours, it opened mid way between the levels and was a gorgeous dark brown colour. Actually thinking about it I wonder where it went, or I mean who grabbed it when she died?! Yours is so pretty though, would make a gorgeous little trinket box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw what little cuties! The house would definitely make a good ring storage box, I never seem to have any luck in charity shops! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That painting is gorgeous love! I bought something similar as a birthday present for my Nana once and it cost me $25 (which I thought was a bargain at the time)! :P

    - Felicity. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love charity shops; i literally live in them! haha

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your lovely comments on my page, please check back as I always reply to you. :)